Milestones in Our History
Copyright © 1997 - 2012 c.e., Church
and School of Wicca
Church of Wicca:
- Formed in 1968. The first Wiccan
In 1972 gained federal recognition of Witchcraft
as a religion.
- First to use "Wicca" to describe
the religion of Witchcraft.
- Longest-lived church of Wicca in the world,
with 31 consecutive Samhain observances.
- In 1985 convinced a federal appeals court that
Wicca was a religion equal to any other.
- Convinced the IRS that Wiccan churches did not
have to keep financial records, just like other
- First Craft correspondence
- Publishes the longest-lived
Wiccan newsletter, "Survival":
in January 2000, Issue 147 will be distributed.
- Reached one million pieces of
outgoing mail in one year in 1978.
- Helped write the State of
Washington Prisoner's Handbook for Wicca.
- Has brought more than 200,000
people to the Craft.
- Prolific writers and
- Live under a Vow of Poverty
(since 1972). All their material possessions
have been given over to the Church.
- Twenty-two books and booklets
published in five languages.
- Thirteen correspondence
courses (which are continuously updated).
- Former members of the North
Carolina Prison Chaplains' Commission.
- Have been shot at because of
- Have had live bombs at two
hotels during events and countless bomb threats.
- Countless negative
demonstrations against them.
- Hundreds of hours of TV,
including Donahue, Larry King, and PBS.
- Hundreds of hours of radio,
- Widely known speakers.
- They have recently revised
their controversial "The Witch's Bible" into "Good
- Since 1995 directed and
produced "Icon" series of videotapes
of Pagan/Wiccan leaders and their thoughts.
- To educate those in authority
concerning the Craft and its beliefs.
- To remove negative Wiccan
stereotypes through their work in the media.
To participate in and promote Pagan Pride Day
- To explore other Spiritual
- To debunk popular myth and
- To work for equal rights for
Witches and the Craft.
Dare to get beyond the rumors,
hearsay, and vicious accusations. Investigate
yourself, and learn the truth about the Frosts, the
Church of Wicca, the School of Wicca, and the Craft
Copyright © 1997 - 2012
c.e., Church and School of Wicca